Saturday, October 27, 2012

handle with care...

This is how the past couple of days have felt...
 
...and I'm not complaining..
I'm just stating a fact.
 
 
First...let me say that I had WAY better intentions for this blog!  I will be more regular in the future, but right now, I'm just trying to get 'er done!  Now that I got that out of the way...
 
I took this picture at work after UPS made a delivery.  When I got a look at it, it stopped me right in my tracks.  Seriously...I just stood there and looked at it for a minute, then I went to grab my camera to take a picture :)
 
I heard a comment the other day that stung in a way that surprised me.  When you poke a fresh wound, you pretty much know it will bleed.  But you don't always expect the sting when a healed scar accidentally gets prodded.  It got me wondering if it will always sting to some degree?  I've decided that I would rather have the occasional sting then to not have the memories that evoke it.  I am the sum of the past moments of my life, and even though I need a calculator to keep track of it, I like who I've grown to be.  I am who I am because of the "stuff"...good & "bad". 
 
I also read something pretty awesome on a friends facebook page...I don't know who Anthony is, but I know he is a child.  I also know that for a child, he has some great insight!!  He said something to the effect of "that strikes a familiar stone", and when asked to explain said that when you strike a stone against another stone, it sparks...like sparks a memory.  It makes perfect sense to me!  We build fires to keep us warm, but they can also burn us if we aren't careful. Our memories are a gift!  But like fire, if you get too close to some of them for too long...you're going to get burned!
 
The contents in this box were fragile, but the knock on the corner of it didn't destroy the items inside.  They are still intact & useful.  The box has a scar that shows the journey was a little difficult...but it doesn't make sense to toss it away.
 
Cherish your memories...all of them!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment