Monday, November 12, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin cookies

So...since I am still avoiding my books like the plague!  Here is a cookie recipe I came up with :)  I looked at several, and none were quite what I wanted.  So...I "this & that'd" my way to these!


Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Cream together:

1 1/2 c. butter (3 sticks)
1 c. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. sugar

Add:

4 eggs
2 t. vanilla

Combine & add:

5 c. all purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1/2 ish t. salt  (I don't like to taste the salt in cookies...your mileage may vary)
2 t. cinnamon

Add:

6 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. raisins


Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 10ish minutes, depending on the size of your cookie.  I haven't baked these all yet, but this is a big recipe!  If you don't want a ton of cookies to share...you might want to cut it down a bit! :)

I like soft, plump cookies...and that is exactly how these turned out!  They should be really sweet, but the overall flavor is pumpkin!  I hate to say so myself...but I think they are yummy!!  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. ...A COMMENT! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The cookies are delish!!! Thanks Nani.

    ReplyDelete